Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse & Desert Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Slayer

Notices

Thread: Slayer Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #1

Default Slayer Pro

Hey guys,
I have been out of the rc scene for a while and decided that I would get back in with the purchase of a new Slayer Pro. I did the run-in procedure by the book, however due to school coming to a close, my Slayer sat on the shelf for about 2 months now. Finally being back at home I thought I would take it out for a bash in my back yard. However once it was started, it would idle fine, without the revs bouncing around, and could idle for quite a while ie several minutes or until I would mess with the throttle. Which is where my problem comes in, that when I would give it some throttle the engine would cut. I tried placing the needles back to factory settings and this didn't help the problem. So hopefully I can get the help I need from you! Lastly is the only body for the Slayer the stock one that Traxxas is producing or are there other companies making some. I know that the chassis is longer and wider so it would change the body size and since there are loads of sweet bodies for the smaller Slash and Slayer I was curious on the Slayer Pro. Thanks in Advance for the help!
-Too Tall
too tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
Racer

Try leaning out the high speed needle half a turn and see if it helps. Could be that the temp change in 2 months was enough to richen the mixture. If it idles I wouldn't touch the low speed needle.

I haven't found any bodies that fit the Pro, so I ordered a clear Traxxas body that I need to get around to painting.
SFT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #3

Worked like a charm! Now that it will do more than just idle, I need to tune it a little more to get it running the way I like! Thanks for the help!
too tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Racer

No problem. Once you have a motor broken in and tuned, it should just be a matter of adjusting the high speed needle for the weather. At least that's how it works in theory.
SFT2 is offline   Reply With Quote