Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse & Desert Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Slash

Notices

Thread: Next Step in Speed?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Basher

Default Next Step in Speed?

I'm currently running my Slash in the street with a MMP ESC, the Velineon 3500 motor, and 7-cell Nimh batteries on a 18/56 or 22/56 for speed runs. I've currently been able to outrun my friend's 2wd and 4wd brushless while they were on 2s Lipo, as well as a 2s Lipo Rustler. I was wondering if changing out my stock tires for street fighters or something of the sort might give me enough grip to keep up, as I haven't the money for Lipo batteries at the moment.
RCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Addict

I would say no. If you increase traction, you will increase load on the motor and increasing amp draw. Nimh cannot discharge even close to what modern Lipos can, so your battery will still limit you. You would be better served saving for a lipo / charger, as they can be had for the same price now as a pair of tires (search hobbyking "Turnigy Hardcase"). Chargers are another $20-40 minimum, so the charger is where the cost is more significant.
mattyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote