Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse & Desert Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Slash 4X4

Notices

Thread: XO-1 cvd setup - stock slash?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #1

Default XO-1 cvd setup - stock slash?

Hey everyone,

I want to install the XO-1 cvd axels and carriers on my slash. What all do I need to do for that to work? Will the carriers bolt up to my stock slash A-Arms? Will the axels bolt right up to the stock diff?
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #2

Default Re: XO-1 cvd setup - stock slash?

Better yet... how do we get Traxxas to create a kit for this? I've read over and over that they've led to bringing an upgraded axle kit to the Slash aftermarket.
Bserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Basher

I haven't done it myself but from what I know you shouldn't have any problems with them fitting on the arms or diff. I'm with Bserious on this one. Traxxas promised us real steel cvds for the slash and I want some dag nabbit.
Syldain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syldain View Post
I haven't done it myself but from what I know you shouldn't have any problems with them fitting on the arms or diff. I'm with Bserious on this one. Traxxas promised us real steel cvds for the slash and I want some dag nabbit.
+1 on slash steel cvds..if they can make some for the XO-1 then they can create them for the slash..I think they won't cause they're overstocked on the stock cvds
DriveItLikeYaStoleIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #5

I recently put the xo-1 driveshafts on my slash. You need the xo-1 steering blocks, rear carriers, of course the driveshafts, and the bearings to go with it. The set of stock caster blocks that hold the steering blocks on the slash with fit the xo-1 steering blocks with no problem. But if yours are plastic, getting the metal casters isn't a bad idea.

If I remember something else later, I'll post it up. But I think the xo-1 steering blocks, rear carriers, bearings and driveshafts are all you will need.

The parts mentioned all just bolt right on with no modifications. If you need links or a more detailed list, I'll get you one tomorrow evening if I have time to get on here.
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
I recently put the xo-1 driveshafts on my slash. You need the xo-1 steering blocks, rear carriers, of course the driveshafts, and the bearings to go with it. The set of stock caster blocks that hold the steering blocks on the slash with fit the xo-1 steering blocks with no problem. But if yours are plastic, getting the metal casters isn't a bad idea.

If I remember something else later, I'll post it up. But I think the xo-1 steering blocks, rear carriers, bearings and driveshafts are all you will need.

The parts mentioned all just bolt right on with no modifications. If you need links or a more detailed list, I'll get you one tomorrow evening if I have time to get on here.
Thanks for the info..What kind of hexes are you using?
DriveItLikeYaStoleIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Racer

All traxxas needs to do is make the outers for the slash.
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #8

Use the xo-1 hexs and 17mm 1/8 buggy wheels with the xo-1 axels. The best part of this upgrade is the larger bearings
Remy5405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post

Thanks a lot man!! I'm going all in on this one!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
Thanks for the info..What kind of hexes are you using?
Team Associated FT 12mm hexes modded to accept the 2.6mm axle pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy5405 View Post
Use the xo-1 hexs and 17mm 1/8 buggy wheels with the xo-1 axels. The best part of this upgrade is the larger bearings
This is a good idea. I had alot of 12mm wheels laying around with tires glued on them already, thats why I went the other way. Got the idea from Shark's setup.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #11

Guys,

If I want to keep the 12mm hubs with the xo1 axel upgrade, do I just need to drill out the axel hole on the hub? Will the drive pin from the xo1 axel fit in the slash 12mm hub?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #12

The pin that goes through the axle to hold the 12mm hexes in the stock truck are 2mm. The XO-1 driveshafts require the use of a 2.6mm pin, so you will have to open up the slot for the pin in the hexes. It's achievable, I am running modded Associated FT 12mm hexes on my truck with the XO-1 driveshafts. But the axles hole should be fine, the stock axles are 6mm, as are the XO-1 axles. If you need information, look at the Shark's slash thread. I'm running his 12mm hex setup. Works great.

Read through his whole thread, it's very informational. And has some good tips in it.

XO-1 cvd setup - stock slash? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Box stock setup cwilkinson Losi TEN-SCTE 3 03-01-2012 01:52 PM
Rear slash splined mip cvd axles new, trade robb-e For Sale 0 01-12-2012 09:45 AM
cvd/cva vs. stock slider axles mulepic Traxxas Slash 4X4 9 12-15-2011 10:00 PM
MIP CVD with Protrac Setup - Issue Resolved bradharper Traxxas Slash 10 09-27-2011 07:52 AM
On Road Stock Slash setup Mr.Slash General ShortCourse 5 05-16-2010 02:01 PM