Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By elmoracer
  • 1 Post By elmoracer

Thread: New Product Release: Pro-line Raid 2.2"/3.0" 17mm SC Wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
Addict

Default New Product Release: Pro-line Raid 2.2"/3.0" 17mm SC Wheels

Pro-line have announced their new Raid 17mm hex wheel for short course trucks. The wheel was created with design cues from many modern full-scale truck wheels and incorporates Pro-line's logo into the wheel face for added style. The 17mm hex helps to prevent stripping of the wheel or hex adapter under extreme use. The wheels are designed to fit the DB8, Senton 6s and SC trucks that have a 17mm hex conversion.

Click the image to open in full size.2770_m

Click the image to open in full size.2770_2_t

Click the image to open in full size.2770_2_t

Item #2770-03
Link: https://www.prolineracing.com/wheels...ack-wheels.asp
Mike Flea likes this.
elmoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2018, 04:25 AM   #2
Addict

Default Re: New Product Release: Pro-line Raid 2.2"/3.0" 17mm SC Wheels

I've had a set of these on hand for a while now and have had the chance to see just how much of a difference they truly make. The wheels feel stiffer when you squeeze across their diameter; i'm not sure if this is a function of the 17mm hex, the spoke design, or the material itself, but compared to other wheels the Raid's feel stiffer. On an aesthetic note, I love the detail Pro-line incorporated into these wheels. The spoke design looks very scale and the PL logo is a nice touch without being too over-the-top. One concern that I have is how hard it will be to keep mud from caking into this area and being difficult to clean. I don't normally drive my trucks in wet conditions but if it becomes an issue I'll try coating the wheels with a dry silicone spray that I use on the chassis to see if that alleviates the problem.

For a practical test of the Raid's, I borrowed a 3s pack to use in my Slash 4x4. If anything was going to stress these wheels it would be this truck. I am running a 150a speed control, a 4-pole 3660 size 4300kv motor and, just for this test, a locked slipper. The truck is extremely quick on 3s and was quite a chore to keep on all fours when accelerating from most speeds. I think the RPM wheelie bar wheels saw as much use on that first pack as the front tires did. After the first pack was drained I brought the truck in and swapped out the shocks for a shorter set that I use for speed runs and on-road use. This took care of the wheelie-ing and really allowed me to plant the power. On the textured concrete that I do my on-road testing there was an abundance of traction and I was able to go full throttle within a few feet of launching. At no point did the wheels flinch. The wheel nuts were just as tight at the end of the run as they were at the beginning and the there was no slop around the hex. I have no doubt that these wheels will hold to what ever abuse you can throw at them.

If you are running 12mm hexes and having trouble stripping them, consider these as a viable solution. They are durable, good looking and the price is affordable.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Mike Flea likes this.

Last edited by elmoracer; 07-07-2019 at 11:45 AM.
elmoracer is offline   Reply With Quote

New Product Release: Pro-line Raid 2.2"/3.0" 17mm SC Wheels - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Release: RPM "No Clip" Body Mounts for Slash 2wd and 4x4 elmoracer Paint and Body 0 01-19-2017 10:20 AM
Proline Desert Raid "Dakar" HemiStorm Paint and Body 1 02-20-2014 12:32 PM
2.2" Delrin Wheels-2.2" Moab's-1.9" Losi MRC wheels/tires-PINK 2.2" FOAMS+more BiGDaWgZ For Sale 0 10-07-2011 12:58 PM
NEW (4) Pro-Line Epic Bead-Lock Wheels (2.2") + (4) Pro-Line Slash Tires Agro For Sale 0 09-20-2011 10:49 PM
Pro-Line Split Six 2.2"/3.0" Bead-Loc Wheels Saydee1800 Wanted 0 07-31-2010 06:26 PM