Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wheel offset chart for Blitz, SC10, and Slash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #1

Default Wheel offset chart for Blitz, SC10, and Slash

Ok, I spent about 10 minutes searching for a chart that explains all the different short course wheel offsets but I couldn't find it. I know its probably right in front of my face...but

I have wheels lying around from slash, blitz and sc10 (hex) and I'm wondering what's interchangeable and maintain track width. I can always measure mine, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Ha ha corny.

Thanks!
tperazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #2

I would like info on this as well
Socal399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #3

Default Re: Wheel offset chart for Blitz, SC10, and Slash

I finally got around to measuring a few wheels and their offsets. First I measured the rim width with digital calipers (this is the max outer dimension). Then an 1/8" bar was used to span the diameter of the rear rim (3" side). I plunged the caliper down until it touched the hex mating plane and subtracted the thickness of the bar. Then I subtracted the depth from the rim centerline which equals the width divided by two. I think its right because the HPI wheel was actually labelled and I got the same answer.
Click the image to open in full size.

Here are the results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&output=html
Buhler likes this.

Last edited by tperazzo; 04-24-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #4

Just added the SC10 KMC hex wheel. Lots of variation in wheel/truck manufacturers folks. The bigger the offset number the more sucked in the tires are to the chassis centerline.

The RS spec SC10 stock track width is about 289 mm. The roar limit is 296 mm I think. So theoretically, one could use a 8 mm wheel offset, but I haven't found one. Anybody?

I'm using the jconcept clamping hex adapters and they don't appear to change the track width versus stock.

Last edited by tperazzo; 04-26-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #5

My prayers have been answered by Proline. I found the following wheels today at RCX in Long Beach.

2739-03 | F-11 +3 offset 2.2"/3.0" Black Wheels

Not available yet, but soon they said. These aren't truly 3mm offset wheels, rather they are stock +3mm which brings the sc10 to max legal width! Good job proline!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #6
Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperazzo View Post
My prayers have been answered by Proline. I found the following wheels today at RCX in Long Beach.

2739-03 | F-11 +3 offset 2.2"/3.0" Black Wheels

Not available yet, but soon they said. These aren't truly 3mm offset wheels, rather they are stock +3mm which brings the sc10 to max legal width! Good job proline!
More info...
F-11 +3 offset 2.2"/3.0" Black Wheels: ProLineRacing.com - RC Tires, Wheels, and Accessories

Part #:
2739-03 +3 Offset Black
2739-04 +3 Offset White
2740-03 ProTrac Offset Black
2740-04 ProTrac Offset White
dagsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #7

So which of these would make the truck the narrowist? And any idea how SCTE rims rank? Thanks!
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Racer

4-10 on the SCTE! He did a great job on the chart. I sure didn't realize there were so many differant off sets. Great for tuning!! We have a track that is predominatly "left turns", so we tried putting the rear wheels on the right side, and the fronts on the left(think I got that right), anyway, it made .5 sec differance a lap!! Ron
blckgnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #9

Showtime, the higher the offset the narrower the track width. So, in my chart that would be the Proline 2727 which is the Protrac wheel.

Unfortunately I don't have any scte wheels to measure. If anyone wants to send me one, I will add it to the mix.

Proline was out of stock on their new wheel, so I went with the DE racing Trinidad wheel. It does exactly what I wanted and maxed out my track width within ROAR limits. 8 mm total offset is perfect. As you can see in the chart and DE's description it's 3mm more than the stock SC10 per wheel.

Updated chart link below:

Last edited by tperazzo; 05-03-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 PM   #10

Any idea what the offset is on the Jammin SCRT 10 is or what wheels would work on it? I know AE 4x4 wheels are too narrow since they almost rub on the RC Monster chassis it has on it, although they might work with some sort of 12mm hub extensions (which I can't seem to find). Any suggestions on either or both would be helpful.
Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #11
Addict

Slash Front offset works great if you have other than stock body.
CheapTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
Addict

Some good info. Thanks. :thumbs:
LeeSC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #13
Basher

Just found this thread and it helps a lot great job!!! Adds further ability to tune with rim offsets for track width. If anyone can get you some durango or losi offsets so you can add that to the chard it would help even more. I vote sticky!

One question though does the SC10 2wd and 4x4 have the same wheel offsets?

Last edited by scooter2998; 05-15-2012 at 01:03 PM.
scooter2998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter2998 View Post

One question though does the SC10 2wd and 4x4 have the same wheel offsets?
Thanks Scooter. I do believe the 2wd and 4wd SC10 wheels are the same.

And yes, if anyone has a Losi,Jammin or Durango wheel send it to me and I will update the chart. Someone must have an odd wheel left over....sometimes the hex strip or they bend, etc. PM me if you want to contribute.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
Addict

I have been searching for a similar chart for what seems like hours. I have compared this chart and information to some other information I gathered. Can you all answer or address these questions:

1. In RC wheels a bigger offset equals wider track width. Does this chart follow that rule or is opposite? Is it consistent either way?
2. The Slash 2wd Front when put on the rear is known to make the rear wider so it must have a bigger offset. On this chart it is 2.3 smaller or more narrow
3. Pro-track wheels are supposed to be the narrowest or smallest offset. So shouldn't they be the smallest offset or if chart is reversed the biggest?
4. After market wheels for Blitz, Slash 4x4, Slash 2wd Rear are all supposed to be the same: Do they actually differ by brand and model, are they all 4.5 or 3.5, etc
5. What offset exactly is the +3 measured from on the new SCT wheels by Pro-Line, J-Concepts, Avid.

Maybe this is all self-evident in the chart and I am being dense but I have looked and looked and I am still confused. My bottom line is I want to be able to adjust my Blitz's track width to the greatest width that will fit under the body. Our tracks don't use Roar rules so it is wide open.
Biscuit5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #16

Hey Biscuit,
I understand your confusion because I was there a few months ago. Check out the definition of wheel offset below:
Offset (wheel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
RC wheel offsets don't follow this definition which is the source of confusion. Some manufactures specify offset from stock. That's fine except for when you want to use brand A wheels on brand B truck or vice versa. That is why I made the chart.
Quote:
1. In RC wheels a bigger offset equals wider track width. Does this chart follow that rule or is opposite? Is it consistent either way?
My chart is opposite. A bigger offset means the mounting plane is pushed toward the 2.2 bead (positive offset). The bigger the offset the slimmer the track width.

Quote:
2. The Slash 2wd Front when put on the rear is known to make the rear wider so it must have a bigger offset. On this chart it is 2.3 smaller or more narrow
Correct, the slash front is +1.2mm from the center which means the mounting plane is very near the center. This makes the track with wider. If you want the widest possible track width use Proline #2721.
Quote:
3. Pro-track wheels are supposed to be the narrowest or smallest offset. So shouldn't they be the smallest offset or if chart is reversed the biggest?
Pro-track wheels have very large offsets, so don't use these for wide track widths unless you have longer A-arms????
Quote:
4. After market wheels for Blitz, Slash 4x4, Slash 2wd Rear are all supposed to be the same: Do they actually differ by brand and model, are they all 4.5 or 3.5, etc
I don't have all the aftermarket wheels to measure but I think they differ by a few millimeters here and there.
Quote:
5. What offset exactly is the +3 measured from on the new SCT wheels by Pro-Line, J-Concepts, Avid.
See the chart. The mfgs you referenced are saying the offset is +3mm from stock. This is true if you subtract the DE offset from the stock AE wheel in my chart. You are consistent with your logic, the problem is my chart and the wheel definition is back assward.

I have not seen any negative SCT offset wheels. A negative offset would put the mounting plane closer to the 3.0 bead from the center of course. However, I don't think they exist. I point this out so no one gets confused when comparing offset numbers. Since all offsets are positive its even easier to compare wheels.

Hope that makes sense. If not, please let me know.

Last edited by tperazzo; 06-13-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #17
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperazzo View Post
See the chart. The mfgs you referenced are saying the offset is +3mm from stock. This is true if you subtract the DE offset from the stock AE wheel in my chart. You are consistent with your logic, the problem is my chart and the wheel definition is back assward.

I have not seen any negative SCT offset wheels. A negative offset would put the mounting plane closer to the 3.0 bead from the center of course. However, I don't think they exist. I point this out so no one gets confused when comparing offset numbers. Since all offsets are positive its even easier to compare wheels.

Hope that makes sense. If not, please let me know.
That actually cleared it up considerably.... very considerably.

You are right your chart and standard RC practice are polar opposites. Your method is in line with 1:1.

I was probably more thrown by the discussion of the SC10 and track width needing a +3 to achieve maximum Roar track width. I figured it must therefore be narrower in the suspension than the others and the +3 was moving the mounting plane further to the inside of the wheel from center, but now I understand it is already longer and the +3 is moving the mounting plane closer to the center from the outside of center giving it a wider track width. However it will still give the Blitz Or Slash 2wd Rear a narrower track width than stock "Offset". So I finally get it! The magic number is stock "Offset" which you have provided so nicely.

Thank you for the chart and your willingness to explain it again. I have a set of J-Concepts Rulux and AKA Cyclones that perhaps I can measure and post here for your chart.

One very quick question remains: If the Split Six you referenced 2721 is for the rear of the 2wd slash is not 2720 Split Six for the front necessarily wider.

I think I am going to order a set of those for our next wheel/ tire change just to check it out. My son's slash needs a little more stability and well a Blitz needs all it can get.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #18
Addict

Measured the AKA Cyclones and the J-Concepts Rulux. I did this like six times to confirm the measurements and kept getting just slightly different results so I took the average of the closest measurements.... not sure why I couldn't get the exact same measurements was using digital calipers and a flat smooth table and a steel ruler. Anyway here they are:

AKA Cyclone Slash 2wd F - W=41 / D=21.62 / O=1.02
AKA Cyclone Slash 2wd R - W=41 / D=24.15 / O=3.55

J-Concepts Rulux Slash 2wd F - W=41.2 / D=20.9 / O=.3
J-Concepts Rulux Slash 2wd R - W=41.2 / D=23.2 / O=2.65

I couldn't believe the Rulux Front and measured it like an additional 4 times and the were all very close within .1

I was going to order some Pro-Line's but since I had the AKAs I am going to use those this time. I will post any additional wheel sets as I get them.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit5050 View Post
Measured the AKA Cyclones and the J-Concepts Rulux. I did this like six times to confirm the measurements and kept getting just slightly different results so I took the average of the closest measurements.... not sure why I couldn't get the exact same measurements was using digital calipers and a flat smooth table and a steel ruler. Anyway here they are:

AKA Cyclone Slash 2wd F - W=41 / D=21.62 / O=1.02
AKA Cyclone Slash 2wd R - W=41 / D=24.15 / O=3.55

J-Concepts Rulux Slash 2wd F - W=41.2 / D=20.9 / O=.3
J-Concepts Rulux Slash 2wd R - W=41.2 / D=23.2 / O=2.65

I couldn't believe the Rulux Front and measured it like an additional 4 times and the were all very close within .1

I was going to order some Pro-Line's but since I had the AKAs I am going to use those this time. I will post any additional wheel sets as I get them.
Thats normal for digital calipers, you could take the average of all your measurements and get a good idea of the measurement. Possibly a very expensive set of calipers maybe more accurate but calipers are not a precise measuring tool.
Moto173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #20

so according to this theres only 2.3mm ish between the front and rear slash 2wd wheels... does that mean they can be swapped if i swapped the hexes?

thanks jas
lordjasper1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/tires-wheels/29753-wheel-offset-chart-blitz-sc10-slash.html
Posted By For Type Date
Official SCT and SCB Wheel Offset Thread - Short Course Trucks & SCBs @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-20-2013 11:08 AM
Traxxas Slash 2wd This thread Refback 10-29-2012 09:30 PM
/: , , - RC-RACING - () This thread Refback 09-27-2012 09:04 AM
Hannun linkit This thread Refback 08-03-2012 06:12 AM

Wheel offset chart for Blitz, SC10, and Slash - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCTE wheel offset question bigwavedave33 Tires and Wheels 2 01-13-2012 09:00 AM
SC wheel offset tcw0409 Tires and Wheels 6 09-12-2011 02:02 PM
Wheel offset between Slash 4x4 and 4x2 chvy4wd Tires and Wheels 6 09-26-2010 01:15 AM
Wheel offset?? nitro0619 Traxxas Slash 4X4 6 05-19-2010 05:21 AM
Wheel Offset Change Trailduster79 Traxxas Slash 10 04-23-2010 12:16 AM