Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Schweet! Ribbed front SC tires!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Addict

Default Schweet! Ribbed front SC tires!

I knew somebody would jump on it and of course JC is on top of it. Check out these new Carvers they just released.

http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/...s_details/2727

Awesome!.....
momo.75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
Addict

...and the march back towards Stadium Trucks continues
OTE_TheMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
RIP Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
...and the march back towards Stadium Trucks continues
I concur. While I can appreciate J-Concepts for expanding their SC line of products, I hate to see that we even have a need for these types of tires in SC racing.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
Addict

Well let's see, JConcepts were the first ones to produce,
  • A fuzzy tire (GooseBumps)
  • A narrow open wheel body (the original JC F-150 Raptor)
  • And now a front rib tire (Carvers)
So. When can we expect the new line of JConcepts Short Course rear wings and forward-cab bodies to be hitting store shelves?

Like I said in another thread, it's crap like this that makes me think about quitting racing. People who initially praised a new chassis class for its performance limitations now won't hesitate to remove them. This is exactly why onroad guys can't keep a fun and competitive rule package together for more than a year.

Last edited by OTE_TheMissile; 12-15-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Addict

The narrow Raptor body was for the people that were converting their Slashes to more of a MT, not for racing....
Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #6
Addict

Oh wow, what we really needed. I think JC is missing the point of SC, it's NOT ST.
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post
Oh wow, what we really needed. I think JC is missing the point of SC, it's NOT ST.
Exactly what I've been saying since Day 1. But whenever I dare mention it people bite my f**king head off.

@momo - The "beyond hardcore" racers will race whatever manufacturers give them. Just saying "it's not meant to be a SC body" won't stop them from doing it. JC could advertise the Carver as a sand tire, doesn't mean nobody will bring a pair to the track.

Last edited by OTE_TheMissile; 12-15-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
Addict

Quote:
Once the non-scale treads came out it was just a matter of time. I think most people have gone to the non scale treads. I would be shocked if any of you guys were still running scale treads.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #9
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo.75 View Post
Once the non-scale treads came out it was just a matter of time.
Which is exactly why I was against them from the beginning, and everybody looked at me like I was crazy.

Quote:
I would be shocked if any of you guys were still running scale treads.
~raises hand~

I run Pro-Line Switches, Maxxis Trepadors, and have a set of Hot Bodies Rodeoos that rarely see action because they're so insanely soft.

Shopping list for this coming spring includes Pro-Line Trenchers and Slash Stocks (non-BFGs)

Last edited by OTE_TheMissile; 12-15-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
Addict

Quote:
Once the non-scale treads came out it was just a matter of time. I think most people have gone to the non scale treads. I would be shocked if any of you guys were still running scale treads.
I'm forced to buy non scale tires to remain competitive since there is no rule on tires at my track as long as they are made for SC trucks. If I had my way I'd like all the SC tires to resemble full scale tires and all the mini pin tire-of-the-week stuff to stay with the STs and buggies.
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
Addict

Quote:
~raises hand~

I run Pro-Line Switches, Maxxis Trepadors, and have a set of Hot Bodies Rodeoos that rarely see action because they're so insanely soft.

Shopping list for this coming spring includes Pro-Line Trenchers and Slash Stocks (non-BFGs)
I have a set of Trenchers for sale on JC Tense wheels, but they only fit the Slash 4x4
Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #12
Addict

Quote:
I'm forced to buy non scale tires to remain competitive since there is no rule on tires at my track as long as they are made for SC trucks. If I had my way I'd like all the SC tires to resemble full scale tires and all the mini pin tire-of-the-week stuff to stay with the STs and buggies.
Well there you have it. As long as people are buying tires to be competitive companies will continue to produce more tires. I would have loved to see all tires stay scale, but here we are and pretty much all the tracks allow any type of sc tire
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #13
Addict

And if there is any kind of tire rule in place, it's some inane "kit tires only" specification, which allows the Factory Team SC10's JConcepts Subcultures (thanks again JC) and makes the rule not only pointless but favoritist since the Subcultures are about the only fuzzy tire to come with a truck kit.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
Addict

I'm not a big fan of the pin tires either. I race on carpet, so the Maxxis tires get the job done very well. With my setup, the tires will actually allow a bit of slide before traction rolling, exactly how I like it on our carpet track.
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #15
Addict

Quote:
And if there is any kind of tire rule in place, it's some inane "kit tires only" specification, which allows the Factory Team SC10's JConcepts Subcultures (thanks again JC) and makes the rule not only pointless but favoritist since the Subcultures are about the only fuzzy tire to come with a truck kit.
lol.......so it is JC's fault that Associated put those tires in their kits?.....wouldn't that decision be up to Associated?......
Old 12-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #16
RIP Buster

Quote:
I don't see there ever being a rule in place for this. The source of the problem is 90% of the tracks in the US are bluegroove and the mini pin tires just work. We need to get tracks back to the natural dirt and not this high clay to dirt ratio with traction additive added on top of it. If you go to my friends back yard track you will not stand a chance with mini pin tires, you need trenchers or rodeos to keep up with the changing track conditions.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #17
Addict

@momo - I'm saying all this high-performance crap started with JConcepts in the first place and nobody had the foresight and/or balls to tell them "no" (you listening R.O.A.R.?). Other manufacturers like Pro-Line had to either come up with their own fuzzy tires or let JConcepts snatch their business.

I guarantee you, few months from now Pro-Line will announce a front rib tire. Tell me I'm wrong and keep a straight face, I dare you.

@badger - A lot of places I've seen and been to use that for the Stock/17.5 class. That's the sole reason I bought my first set of Trepadors. But I'm with ya too, blue groove sucks ass.

Last edited by OTE_TheMissile; 12-15-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #18
Addict

Quote:
@momo - I'm saying all this high-performance crap started with JConcepts in the first place and nobody had the foresight and/or balls to tell them "no" (you listening R.O.A.R.?). Other manufacturers like Pro-Line had to either come up with their own fuzzy tires or let JConcepts snatch their business.

I guarantee you, few months from now Pro-Line will announce a front rib tire. Tell me I'm wrong and keep a straight face, I dare you.
Yeah, god forbid a tire manufacturer trying to give people what they are wanting......how stupid of them. Maybe you could give them more of a business plan.....lol
Old 12-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #19
Addict

You're missing the point momo. If people want rib and fuzzy tires, they could've had all they wanted in 2WD Stadium Truck, 2WD Buggy, and 4x4 Buggy. That's been the norm in those classes for longer than I can remember. Why create the Short Course class just to turn it into something we already have plenty (too much, even) of?

Look at Monster Truck. At first it was an easy to get into and competitive class because the handing sucked and the tires were useless. But the cars were cheap and it was anyone's race to win. Now MT's deader than dead and everybody's racing $800 Truggies with the same three guys on the A-Main podium every week. And what's a Truggy but an oversized 1/8th Buggy?

Before long I'll be saying the same thing here. What's a Short Course truck but an oversized 2WD Stadium Truck with a $500 starting price tag?

Last edited by OTE_TheMissile; 12-15-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #20
Addict

Quote:
You're missing the point momo. If people want rib and fuzzy tires, they could've had all they wanted in 2WD Stadium Truck, 2WD Buggy, and 4x4 Buggy. That's been the norm in those classes for longer than I can remember. Why create the Short Course class just to turn it into something we already have plenty (too much, even) of?
Easy.......Supply & Demand..........