Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse & Desert Brand Specific Tech > Tekno SCT410

Notices

Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Tekno 410 V.S. Losi 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Addict

Default Tekno 410 V.S. Losi 2.0

I noticed the battery was forward on the original 1.0, and now on the 2.0 it is much further back along with the motor. Tekno on the other hand has gone forward with their placement. Losi went back because of nosing issues off jumps. How does the Tekno do off the jumps? Do you have to drive it like the 1.0 and stay on the throttle off jumps? I moved my battery back because of the nosing issues. Has anyone tried a nose flip on the track with a 1.0 or Tekno? Could be a great u-tube shot!
PLATGOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Addict

Default Re: Tekno 410 V.S. Losi 2.0

there are nose down issues with the Tekno, however, a lot of this appears to be due to the type of jumps (abrupt jumps) and the stock piston, oil, and spring configurations.

With changes to these, guys are seeing the issues fixed. Also, from what I can tell most people run the battery in the rear position on the Tekno, battery foam forward.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Addict

Yeah, the Tekno really looks nose heavy. I guess that is why the 2.0 will soon rule the 4x4 class!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLATGOF View Post
Yeah, the Tekno really looks nose heavy. I guess that is why the 2.0 will soon rule the 4x4 class!
don't jump the gun plat, the Tekno is a force to be reckoned with, just as the 2.0 is. while we most likely see a lack of pro drivers running Tekno, on the club level is where this battle will truly be fought.

personally, its a draw. the losi is an updated short course chassis, while the Tekno is brand new. the Tekno has been on the market longer then the 2.0 scte. we really have no basis to say one will do better then the other at this time.

nose diving with the Tekno has not been a local issue, while yes the weight is slightly further forwards to that of the losi, it's balance is just as good, you just need to set it up so you can take the jumps without nose diving, as most have found nose dives in a Tekno is related to the angle of the jump, and less the balance of the truck itself.

I think if we can find two evenly matched unbiased drivers and a good cameraman out there, we could simply have the two drivers run the two trucks in question, catch the race on video, then maybe have both drivers give their thoughts, as this is what will matter most (or should) to the average consumer, how it works compared to the opposition with an equally skilled driver. eliminate the edge from driving skill, and set it more on the trucks. until that happens, the scte 1.0 will stay the most successful short course truck, or until we see a pro level battle between a losi 2.0 and a Tekno. I will hold my tongue as far as predicting which will prevail, I know I have some stalkers who may just take issue with my siding with one or the other, but let's not bring that up.

losi 2.0 vs Tekno, guess we are just going to have to wait and see what happens, now that both can be seen battling it out on track.
Ram runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Addict

PLATGOF: i wouldn't call it nose heavy. the nose down issue I saw was most likely due the lack of pack on the rear end.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Addict

My SCTE could easily do front flips off jumps because of the nose heavy issue. I found out real quick to stay off the brakes in the air. I have since modified it and the battery is way back, about centered on the motor, a real good balance point. I am just sayin the new 2.0 has everything back now.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
Addict

So how is the 2.0 doing against the Tekno at your track? Since the 2.0 showed up the Tekno crowd has been very quiet?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #8
Addict

at my track losi 2.0 scte trucks are few and far between, i have seen only two! they arent too bad, but neither of those two i saw were piloted by our fast "a-main" quality drivers. I was able to harass one of them driving my sc10 4x, which is concistantly b-main speed.

the locals that own teknos are the guys that will win driving anything, the ones buying losi now are the guys who can't win if their life depended on it, so I can no longer compare the two from local race results. all of the local fast drivers that were winning with sctes have moved to Tekno or associated, maybe it's a sign?.....
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
Addict

Quote:
So how is the 2.0 doing against the Tekno at your track? Since the 2.0 showed up the Tekno crowd has been very quiet?
Recent club race....
1st -Tekno
2nd - Tekno
3rd - Losi 2.0
4th - Losi 1.0

We have also seen a TS4 get by the Losi trucks...At least on indoor.
Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #10
Addict

Quote:

Its all about the drivers. Both trucks are top notch and capable of winning any race, however, if the driver is not great, the truck will not win a race on its own.

If anyone thinks one is superior to the other in terms of performance, then they obviously think that trucks drive themselves.

90% driver 10% truck.
flat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
Addict

Can report back that the 1.3 x 8hole pistons solved my nose down issues. I tried a variety of ways to make it happen at the track yesterday on jumps that would cause the conditions to happen, nothing.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
Addict

You altered your suspension to correct the problem? Look at a Tekno and you see a lot of weight up front, deliberate by design, or design deliberate, or deliberately designed?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #13
Addict

Quote:
You altered your suspension to correct the problem? Look at a Tekno and you see a lot of weight up front, deliberate by design, or design deliberate, or deliberately designed?
it is designed in the hope that with the right setup it gives a competitive advantage. it is a risk they took, but we have yet to see what it does to benefit performance. note "yet". someone out there will discover why they designed it like that.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #14
Addict

Quote:
I altered my piston selection, which is something you can do with any car. I wouldn't clal that altering my suspension as to me that would be like changing the shock tower to something different than stock, or modifying the a-arms, etc.

As for benefits, based on driving other vehicles and watching similar layouts (battery forward, narrow chassis) versus a more rearward biased vehicle, the layout has more on power steering, and a tighter turn radius.

The main thing is getting the rear end to hook up to take advantage of this. If this had been years ago before the whole super soft tire compounds and high traction track surfaces, I could definitely see a problem.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #15
Addict

If you want the rear end to hook up you soften the rear, and stiffen the front.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
Addict

you actually start with tire selection first before anything else.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
Addict

Default Tekno 410 V.S. Losi 2.0

Lol@ plats biased equations here! I made it rite into the Amains driving and having fun with my Tekno OUTDOORS, my Losi 1.0 I was fighting all over the track in hopes for bmains. I had zero nose downs running a thicker oil and green springs. Tekno could have designed this truck on another track so cant make any equations about an out the box handling characteristics on a competition kit truck. This is called racing/tuning. On every turn, I could rely on getting out front into the Apex's. I can't see the 1.0 vs. 2.0 being night and day differences in handling. Might be mistaken though. Anyone with a 2.0 can meet up anywhere in my region and I can video. If a 2.0 can prove themselves to me, then ill purchase a 2.0 as well to add to my stalls. :-). Not biased here but love my Tekno's.

Tekno SCT410 "Lite" RX8/Pro4
Tekno SCT410 "Hefty" RX8/Pro4
Tekno V4 SC8.2e
Losi 5ive-T Trevor Simpson reed built 2-speed
Team SR

Last edited by TravisT; 04-24-2013 at 09:28 AM.
TravisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
Addict

from what I understand speaking with some dedicated fast losi guys, they felt that having the MIP conversion on there upgrade 1.0s would give similar handling capabilities as the 2.0 . So that probably could be another way of getting a comparison.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #19
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
from what I understand speaking with some dedicated fast losi guys, they felt that having the MIP conversion on there upgrade 1.0s would give similar handling capabilities as the 2.0 . So that probably could be another way of getting a comparison.
I can agree 100% which ya on this. They had a few MIP guys out this weekend and their trucks were def. on point. But these are guys that's been racing for years. Even them, I couldn't help but to notice the turning radius was lacking compared to the Tekno's. this is where the Tekno's design showed off. Add some different oils, maybe even springs and that's a wrap with a better driver in my eyes.

Tekno SCT410 "Lite" RX8/Pro4
Tekno SCT410 "Hefty" RX8/Pro4
Tekno V4 SC8.2e
Losi 5ive-T Trevor Simpson reed built 2-speed
Team SR
TravisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #20
Addict

The 1.0's have tons of steerng slop and I doubt the 2.0's are any better. I have a 1.0 FULLY modded with all the TLR goodies and tons of other mods to boot and it still has tons of slop. This does contribute to handling greatly. The Tenko's take pride is saying there is almost 0 slop in the suspension and steering. This in my eyes is a major advantage. I was at the track with another guy who had a MIP kit and the truck looked dialed, light weight and performed well. It did look like it had more turn in than my Bump chassis but still pushed on corner exit. I believe thisa is because they have to run such stiiff springs up front to make up for the shock relocation and pistons used in this kit. I would love to try one of the MIP kits out, but I am very deep into my pocketbook on this build already and want to run my truck as it sits more before I would even think about investing in another chassis. But I would consider grabbing a Tekno as a 2nd truck as all I hear is good things about them. That and I am not very happy with the amount of slop in the steering and suspension.
brushlessguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tekno 410 V.S. Losi 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekno sct 410 mud guards ShortCourseKilla Tekno SCT410 8 12-21-2013 12:56 PM
Tekno sct 410 axles ShortCourseKilla Tekno SCT410 20 12-17-2013 01:29 PM
Tekno RC Option Parts For The Losi SCTE Matthew_Armeni Losi TEN-SCTE 28 01-29-2013 09:02 PM
Losi 8T 1.5 Tekno Converted RTR fallensk8man89 For Sale 0 02-14-2011 11:48 AM
Durango 410 Like New nitroman1099 For Sale 0 11-18-2010 08:02 AM