Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse & Desert Brand Specific Tech > Team Durango DESC410R

Notices

Thread: A used but new V2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
Basher

Default A used but new V2

i picked up a used but un-used 410v2..
some kid built it but never ran it..

i need help figuring things out.. The battery compartment:
You pull the pin out and flap folds down.. then what? how do you put a saddle or square battery in it? do you have to pull the Center diff out to do it?

So this brilliant kid decided to build the chassis and not grease or oil anything.
So i pulled the center diff out and it was bone dry.
I put 20k oil in it. but it doesnt spin smooth..its very choppy.. what did i do wrong?
same for the front/rear diffs.. very choppy..

The hex's that hold the wheels on.. i m guessing its only allowing DE or TD wheels .. fine.. but theres not grub screw to hold the pin in.. it just comes out.

Servo.. im planning on running a savox 1258tg do i run the metal servo horn or do i use the servo saver?

Thanks for your help
jeepgeek2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2015, 05:00 AM   #2
Basher

Default Re: A used but new V2

let me answer my own post:
Battery inserted when you pull the whole center diff.. not a basher designed chassis.. leave battery in it. got ti.
Diffs feel choppy.. still no ideal but shaving the main top gear pin down might have solved that issue..
Hex has not grubs.. poor design.
Servo: use the metal horn
Old 06-15-2015, 05:53 AM   #3

Many convert to the DEX410 servo saver which is integrated into the post. The DESC410 is in the horn, if you are running an aluminum horn you have no servo saver.

I would go through your F&R diffs to make sure they are assembled correctly and do a general once over on the truck considering what you found. I think you will love it, it is a nice truck.
squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:50 AM   #4
Racer

I would say the same just do it over again ,so my ?? Is u have to take out diff to take out battery
Aswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:08 AM   #5

Yes, the diff has to come out, just pull out the pin, then the diff pulls out quickly, then the battery holder can swing up.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
Basher

well thanks guys.. i was starting to lose help on this beast
i picked up a used Reedy 5800 square battery for this truck.. i guess i ll put velcro on the bottom to hold it in place.
i mounted some bowfighter tires on the TD wheels. looks nice so far.
i need a servo .. non savox.. like a hi tec perhaps.. what do you guys recommend?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 PM   #7

I love my Savox made Spektrum 6040, .08 & 167 oz/in, coreless, digital, Ti gears. Looking at specs, the HS-7940TH looks good, might be a little overkill on the TQ, but speed is nice. I would say .08 range on speed, and over 160 oz/in and you should be good. Or the HS-8330SH if you are running High Voltage. For the price the Savox and Spektrum are hard to beat.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:49 PM   #8

Take the diff apart and check the fit of the two large gears. I had to file mine slightly to get a slip fit on the shaft. They are probably not seated properly causing the notchy diff feeling. You also might want to go lighter in the front and rear diffs. 20K is good for center but I would do like 10k for the front and 5k for the rear. Also the shock dampening works better if you block to of the holes make it a 4 hole. I use 1.2 pistons too with 35 to 40 weight oil. The diff is designed to be easy to remove for battery removal and maintence. Just replace the stock hexs with captured units to eliminate the pin problem. I use the hobbywing SCT pro esc and 4000kv 3656 motor they offer in a combo and have great power and low running temps. The included 15t mod1 pinion that comes with the combo is even a good match for gearing. Use good High C batteries as this combo draws serious amps. You shouldn't need Velcro if you are using the hold down bar correctly. For Hitec servos the 7955tg is stupid reliable.

Last edited by sport10; 07-14-2015 at 08:00 PM.
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote