Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse General Tech > Newbie ShortCourse

Notices

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TIREBUSTER

Thread: Pro sc 4x4 help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #1

Default Pro sc 4x4 help!!

So I just got into short course stuff. Only had the truck a week and love it!! But today it was driving good and then all of a sudden it won't really go. It may move a little bit but It just makes a whining noise and acts like something is bound up. I'm guessing I may have a bad gear somewhere? My spur gear is worn down a bit but not chewed to hell or broke. Any suggestions where to tear into first? Thanks
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #2
Addict

Default Re: Pro sc 4x4 help!!

Sounds like you're on the right track. If the motor spins, and responds to the transmitter, then the problem has to be in the drivetrain. You mentioned the spur was worn, check the pinion also, check the mesh, tranny gears, might be stripped. Spurs don't cost that much, pick up another and see if that solves the issue.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #3

Alright cool just wanted to make sure I was headed in the right direction. I had just placed an order that has a couple extra spur gears cuz I read they wear out fast so those should be here Monday or Tuesday. I hope that's all cuz I feel like I'm gonna die without being to drive it for 3 days haha but thanks for the confirmation on what I was thinking!
Old 10-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
Addict

Could be a piece of debris somewhere in the drivetrain, a busted gear, or something as simple as the slipper being loose (you said it was making a whining noise). The first thing I would do is clean the truck and do a visual inspection. If nothing is obviously wrong then you'll need to dig deeper. Start with the spur, if it spins without causing any movement in the drivetrain then the slipper is your problem. If it does spin the drivetrain, listen for obvious sounds of debris in the diff cases. Also check all of the grub screws in the drivetrain, a loose grub screw could cause the symptoms you mentioned.
elmoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #5

Cool I'll check all that out as well. I figured I may as well do a good cleaning while I'm checking stuff out so I'll dig in deeper and check what you mentioned. Thanks!
elmoracer likes this.

Pro sc 4x4 help!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro Sc 4x4 delima. AlaskanDad Team Associated ProLite 4x4 2 07-16-2015 10:58 AM
sc pro 4x4 ? jeepgeek2002 General ShortCourse 2 05-21-2015 07:56 PM
Team Associated Pro Rally 4x4 TURTLE For Sale 0 12-29-2014 10:00 PM
New SLAYER PRO 4X4 waggaclint Traxxas Slayer 21 06-03-2011 02:10 PM
GTB/SS pro 8.5 ok for 4x4? huntersway Traxxas Slash 4X4 1 01-23-2011 08:01 AM