Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse General Tech > Newbie ShortCourse

Notices

Thread: ECX Torment hop ups?!!?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #1

Exclamation ECX Torment hop ups?!!?

What's up guys I need some help. Does anyone know what upgrades and part number from Traxxas will bolt on the torment...aluminum or otherwise? Any upgrade parts that you know of really and were to find them would be a HUGE help!! Lol thanks guys.
walkerd84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
elk
Racer

I carpet raced a Torment for a week then bought my SC10 the next. It was durable in stock form, but not very fast. Stampede/Rustler/Bandit driveshafts will fit, as do the axles and are cheap and readily available. I broke the right one on my first lap with the truck from someone crashing into me, then the left about an hour later. I replaced the first with the Traxxas shaft after about a minute or two searching the parts wall. It's quick and easy, although you have to shim the hub for the resulting slop. I plan to keep the ECX for buddies to drive and might drop in a brushless someday. There is a heavy duty gear diff available for that purpose. The only other mod in mine is Traxxas ball ends in Associated SC10 tie rods to allow for toe in/out adjustment and SC10RS front tires rear Subcultures.

It handles much more nimbly than a
stock Slash, and the mods barring tires cost me less than $10. I'm not a big fan of alloy parts unless the increase handling performance / race day durability. Not too many Slash parts will fit without modification, but it's nice to have a truck that few others have.
elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Addict

Default Re: ECX Torment hop ups?!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerd84 View Post
What's up guys I need some help. Does anyone know what upgrades and part number from Traxxas will bolt on the torment...aluminum or otherwise? Any upgrade parts that you know of really and were to find them would be a HUGE help!! Lol thanks guys.
Try this page.

Torment 1/10th Short Course Truck 2.4GHz Black/Org (ECX4000): ECX RC

If you scroll down you'll see you can get some aluminum shocks and the metal gear set from ECX.
henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #4

Much appreciated gentleman! I think I'm gonna be goin brushless myself pretty soon as well. Hobbywing has some nice inexpensive combos.
walkerd84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerd84 View Post
the best upgrade for a torment would be a losi xxx-sct..... LOL just sell the torment they call it a torment for a reason.
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote

ECX Torment hop ups?!!? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECX Torment Video Guide ccccfam General ShortCourse 2 03-07-2012 06:50 AM
reccomended hop ups CharlieT Team Associated SC8e 6 06-11-2011 12:11 AM
Buying Hop Ups fastlane01 Team Associated SC8e 2 03-19-2011 09:09 PM
hop ups from AE? superelmer Team Associated SC10 19 02-01-2010 09:24 AM