Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse & Desert Brand Specific Tech > HPI Blitz

Notices

Thread: Need Blitz/Mamba Max Pro/Novak 17.5 Setup Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #1

Default Need Blitz/Mamba Max Pro/Novak 17.5 Setup Help

I recently installed a Mamba Max Pro ESC and Novak Ballistic 17.5 motor in my RTR Blitz. I'm running 28/77 gearing, as per the manual. Does anyone have any experience with this combo? I've searched and searched the net and haven't found much useful info. I really need some help with setting the ESC up. Can anyone make any suggestions about the cheat mode and motor timing? What RPM range should I set the Cheat timing to engage? I run on a medium size outdoor track which is farily rough red clay. It gets loose when dry. Help would be much appreciated!
redbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarton View Post
I recently installed a Mamba Max Pro ESC and Novak Ballistic 17.5 motor in my RTR Blitz. I'm running 28/77 gearing, as per the manual. Does anyone have any experience with this combo? I've searched and searched the net and haven't found much useful info. I really need some help with setting the ESC up. Can anyone make any suggestions about the cheat mode and motor timing? What RPM range should I set the Cheat timing to engage? I run on a medium size outdoor track which is farily rough red clay. It gets loose when dry. Help would be much appreciated!

First off drop to a 25/77, 26/77 if its a larger track
Sensored only
Cheat enabled
Motor timing 10*
start @ 7k end at 9k
Start at 20* advance and proceed up as temps allow
Check temps often

That should get ya close. Just experiment a bit since not all tracks are the same

Think of the cheat mode as second gear
I change mine all the time depending on track conditions and the track itself.
Set the start point for where you want to shift into second. Adjust up or down depending on the track
Set the end point for how smooth you want to shift into second gear. Small start and end points equal a hard shift, good for high bite tracks. A larger rpm range equals a smoother more subtle shift into second gear which is good for loose tracks.
That way you get good punch off jumps and out of corners, but smoke down the straights

Last edited by Rocksmith; 06-30-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Rocksmith is offline   Reply With Quote