Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse General Tech > General ShortCourse

Notices

Thread: RC10gt to SC10gt

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
Addict

Default RC10gt to SC10gt

This is a project I started a couple of weeks ago and still have some things to finish but wanted to post it up. It is a RC10gt with a stock .12 AE engine that I'm going to replace but I'm not sure with what yet. JR9100s for steering and a Hitech MG5645 doing throttle duty (not pictured). I have RPM front and rear arm and all new hinge/king pins, bearings, hubs and axles just to freshen it up.

This GT has been through some wars and needed to be gone thru. I got tired of looking at it sitting on the self and jumped when I saw a chassis built to make it into a SCT for sale on another forum.

Click the image to open in full size.

It was as easy as swapping over the old parts to the new chassis but I made a couple of changes, like moving the battery to the middle of the chassis instead of over the rear of the truck, which might make for traction problems later. I used the stock receiver mount, cut off the antenna part and drilled 2 holes in the chassis. The battery fits perfectly and is held up off the frame so attaching the battery with zip ties is easy.

Bumpers were the hardest part but with some searching I came up with using a RPM Slash 4x4 rear bumper. I just had to drill 2 holes for the lower mount and used 2 Slash camber links for upper mounts, it works pretty nice but I have yet to put it to the real test yet.

Last edited by Justin B; 05-16-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Justin B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Addict

The front isn't done yet but would probably work the way it is.

I picked up some AKA Enduro tires and SC10 rims and threw them on with this beater/ mock up body to see how it will look when it's done.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Last edited by Justin B; 05-16-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Addict

Default sc10gt

man that thing is sick! make a runing video!
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
Racer

Now this is an idea. I have a couple RC10GT's laying around collecting dust. Maybe a gas CORR truck is in my future?
Vanwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
Banned

Nicew job. What would be really impressive is if you converted it to BL/lipo. Nitro sucks, stinks, and is slow.
Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
Addict

Ehh, where is the fun in having all electric? Gotta have a few gas trucks around to switch things up a bit. If I had the tools around to do it, I would have a MT2 18SS converted to SCT, and running nitro!

Nice job on the conversion! Should be a blast to drive, and I want to see the video of it on a track!
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
Addict

I wanted something different and this fits the bill. Everything I have that's electric is brushless and I'm getting tired of having to replace or send ESC's in for service I have 3 that need to go back right now, for something that's supposed to be easy to use and less maintenance, some days I'm not so sure and besides I already have a SC10 so what fun would that be..

It's going to be a little while before this truck is done, I'm just tinkering with it when I have spare time and money. I'm looking for a new .12 engine and still have to freshen up everything else. I wanted to get it together to be sure it would all work and now I'll finish it and hopefully run it in the next couple of weeks. I don't have a video camera but I have time to borrow one and will get some video as soon as possible.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf16731 View Post
Ehh, where is the fun in having all electric? Gotta have a few gas trucks around to switch things up a bit. If I had the tools around to do it, I would have a MT2 18SS converted to SCT, and running nitro!
I followed the MT2 builds and wanted to do that as a nitro too, I still might, I already have a MT2 just sitting. One project at a time....
Old 05-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
Addict

PM sent about the chassis
Beadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
Addict

I don't make or sell the kit to convert the RC10GT but I can get anyone interested in touch with the guy who does just shoot me a PM. My understanding from emailing is that more kits were/could be made as needed.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #11

Default RC10GT TO SC10GT Conversion

ya i got 5 more RC10GT TO SC10GT conversions ready to mail out and will post pics and maybe a video on here later you can see my ad at rc universe now for pics and price or just e-mail me at susandine@yahoo.com thanks and p.s. nitro haters theres nothing like a powerband
robertpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #12
Addict

I had some time today so I got the real servos mounted and the linkage set up nice. I hoped to get the RPM arms done but ended up shoveling and raking on a friends track for most of the day. I have to pick up some 4mm nylocks tomorrow and have a deal worked out for a Novarossi .12 engine, so as long as I get a little time it should be done this week. The track is ready.....

I added some new pictures to the original post.

Last edited by Justin B; 05-16-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #13
Racer

That's a sick truck, nice man!
b.jewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
Addict

I haven't had much time but I made progress this weekend and swapped the tired, well used AE .15 for a Novarossi .12r I traded a Slash for. swapped out the 2 shoe clutch for a 4 shoe clutch, on/off switch and receiver mounted, glued up the tires and cut some holes in the body. I traded a Losi Slider for a complete FT RC10GT with a second Novarossi .12r that was modified (not sure by who yet) a big box of parts with plenty of spur gears and clutch bells so tuning should be easy. 2 complete sets of RPM arms, 2 headers and 4 pipes, 2 sets of FT carbon front and rear shock towers and a 1/10 starter box with gel cell battery.

I started the truck while waiting for the tires to dry and it fired right up and sounded really strong. The engine that's mounted up now was a practice motor that was used in the FT GT and is just broken in with great pinch and compression. It's going to be running on Trinity 30% nitro fuel. I hope to run this truck tomorrow at a friends track with a mostly stock Slash and my Slash with a Pro-Line kit, Bow ties and VXL-3 for comparison.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:53 AM   #15
Addict

I finally got the RPM arms with and hinge pins put on. This poor truck wasn't very well maintained and it showed when I tried to take it apart, hinge pins were rusted in tight, the e clips disintegrated when I took them off and the bearing were gritty. It was a late night hand filing the new arms, c hubs and hinge pin holes but everything is nice and smooth with no binding. New bearings in the front and the rears cleaned up and re-oiled. Still hoping to drive it today.....
Old 05-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
Addict

That turned out great! Nice build! Look forward to seeing it in action.
flat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #17

You have me wondering!!! Have two GT's!!!!

Do like GT's getting "NEW" life!!

You could put this on >> http://www.baysidehobby.com/forum/ << the GT forum of forum's!!!

===

Raced a GT2SC last summer, with NON-SC tires.

http://www.t3t4webservice.com/GT2SC.html

Finished

Farmers Hobby: (Tampa, FL)
*Mod SC 1st B-main 4/17/9
*Mod SC 6th A-main 4/17/9
*Mod SC 4th 4/24/9

DC Off-Road RC Park: (Avon Park, FL)
*1/10 Truck 2nd 5/2/09

tmail59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #18
Addict

I just got an email with pictures of SC10 front and rear bumpers mounted up and it looks good. I like the idea of keeping it all AE. I got rained out yesterday but did order a new video camera that should be here by the weekend so I'm going to wait and post up the maiden run. New camera:
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.156585800 came with a 8GB SDHC memory card that should be good for 1.5 to 2 hours of video.

Tmail59, what engine(s)did you run in your GT/GT2? I hope I didn't go with too much motor for skinny SC tires, plus having moved the battery forward....but it should be fun either way.

Last edited by Justin B; 06-02-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #19

i would love to put pics of mine on your forum but i seem to be a little stupid at this stuff put my pics at photobucket but can't get them on here WTF im retarded LOL
robertpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #20

Default rc

looks nice
hurricanexp is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/general-shortcourse/8429-rc10gt-sc10gt.html
Posted By For Type Date
So has anyone converted at GT to a SCT? - R/C Tech Forums Post #0 Refback 10-10-2012 09:04 AM