RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board

RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board (http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/)
-   General ShortCourse (http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/general-shortcourse/)
-   -   Tekno SCT410 category (http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/general-shortcourse/41995-tekno-sct410-category.html)

Matthew_Armeni 09-12-2013 12:52 PM

Re: Tekno SCT410 category

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 340419)
In the end, the amount of effort it woudl probably take to just make the thread for the SCT410 with the potential for increase on traffic is probably worth it.

+1
I don't pretend to know anything about setting up/running forums but I can't imagine it being that hard to add a "Tekno" section. Even if it doesn't get a lot of traffic at least all the information is one place and easy to find.

Eric0424 09-12-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

I don't pretend to know anything about setting up/running forums but I can't imagine it being that hard to add a "Tekno" section.
You imply it's simple, but no one here has actually done it or been present when it happened on another forum. I'm no expert on forums either, but I do know every forum I've been a member of (dating back to 1995-96 with RC's and 1999-2000 with firearms) that added a section, a new feature or rearranged the layout had to shut the forums down for a while. It's not as simple as clicking the mouse a few times, it's much more than a two-three minute operation especially if everyone wants the current information to follow everyone to the new section.

Maybe a sticky for the official tekno thread in General ShortCourse, the thread/information would then stay up front everyday and it would be simple enough.

Another aspect I haven't considered it the reduction in traffic here in General ShortCourse. That too may be a factor in a tekno section. It's also possible Badger just hasn't gotten to it yet. But I'm sure hounding him and the mods with PM's and e-mails will help.

flat6 09-12-2013 03:11 PM

It actually is quite simple. Would take 5 minutes at most to create the tekno section and merge all the current threads into it.

This forum uses software near identical to mine. Done it many times.

mvrk 09-12-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric0424 (Post 340531)
You imply it's simple, but no one here has actually done it or been present when it happened on another forum. I'm no expert on forums either, but I do know every forum I've been a member of (dating back to 1995-96 with RC's and 1999-2000 with firearms) that added a section, a new feature or rearranged the layout had to shut the forums down for a while. It's not as simple as clicking the mouse a few times, it's much more than a two-three minute operation especially if everyone wants the current information to follow everyone to the new section.

Maybe a sticky for the official tekno thread in General ShortCourse, the thread/information would then stay up front everyday and it would be simple enough.

Another aspect I haven't considered it the reduction in traffic here in General ShortCourse. That too may be a factor in a tekno section. It's also possible Badger just hasn't gotten to it yet. But I'm sure hounding him and the mods with MP's and e-mails will help.

I used to admin a firearm forum, it's pretty simple and does not require shutting down the forum. So maybe either rcshortcourse should accommodate its members or its members should start their own forum.

mvrk 09-12-2013 08:54 PM

3 of the top 4 threads in the general section are all tekno sct410 threads. So Eric, enlighten me on how it doesn't need its own category.

TIME MACHINE 09-18-2013 01:45 PM

This thread is full of win. Seriously, being a new member here I quickly noticed that things seem to be pretty slow. It happens to most forums and is not indicative to this specific forum having a problem. Seeing some interesting posts in this thread has been pretty amusing and a good read.

I agree with the previous poster(s) that all of the sections relating to old, out of production vehicles, should be merged into a single category. This would prevent them from looking stale on the main page which seems to give the impression that the forum, overall, is very slow.

I will also add that reading this thread makes me want a Tekno.

tosouthern66 09-19-2013 03:33 AM

Time

You will enjoy the Tekno SCT410. I have an AE SC104x4 and I could never get it to perform where I needed it at. I switched to the Tekno and am loving racing again. Im still using the box stock setup for the most part except I did switch up to the next stiffest springs. I havent had a chance to test or race the past 3 weeks due to rain. ANother place to look for good information and help is Tekno SCT410 thread or rctech.net :thumb:

2genewb 09-26-2013 08:13 PM

another ex-vbulletin mod here.
agreed.
very easy to add a section and move most relevant threads.
especially if you're keeping up with current topics on a semi-regular basis.

anyway... classic thread. thanks for the read.

egobrkr 09-27-2013 06:56 AM

I have not been on this forum for a while now because I did not see a tekno sub-forum. I just happen to look in this sub-forum and saw all the tekno threads and thought to myself why was there not a tekno sct sub-forum? I hope there is one added in the near future because if I didn't see then others do the samething I did and just didn't come to this forum anymore.

M-spec 09-27-2013 01:27 PM

I would not count on it ..... this site has the worst moderators I have encountered on the 20+ forums I'm a member off

They are rarely online, never update anything and don't reply to any questions

Brandon
Last Activity: 07-31-2013 09:35 AM

Badger
Last Activity: 09-24-2013 10:46 AM

Matt
Last Activity: 08-23-2013 01:57 PM

Trikster
Last Activity: 02-20-2013 01:11 PM

Kinda seems like the site is dead in the water

Hey Badger stop taking pics of your trucks and get site up to date please

RichMTB01 09-27-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-spec (Post 341591)
I would not count on it ..... this site has the worst moderators I have encountered on the 20+ forums I'm a member off

They are rarely online, never update anything and don't reply to any questions

Brandon
Last Activity: 07-31-2013 09:35 AM

Badger
Last Activity: 09-24-2013 10:46 AM

Matt
Last Activity: 08-23-2013 01:57 PM

Trikster
Last Activity: 02-20-2013 01:11 PM

Kinda seems like the site is dead in the water

Hey Badger stop taking pics of your trucks and get site up to date please

That's sad! Who's making the money off the ads on this forum? The moderators? This forum has so much potential. I like the set up better than RCTech, but it really seems like RCSC is going down.

Eric0424 09-28-2013 02:56 AM

What's sad is a group of grown men complaining that a free service they're given isn't exactly they way they want it. But the snide remarks directed at the admin, mods and site/forum will surely help.

BashemSmashem 09-28-2013 07:37 AM

^^^^^^^ agreed !

mvrk 09-28-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric0424 (Post 341634)
What's sad is a group of grown men complaining that a free service they're given isn't exactly they way they want it. But the snide remarks directed at the admin, mods and site/forum will surely help.

Says the person who argues like a woman and tries to make the stuff he has sound better to anybody asking for help.

Let me just say that there is a reason the guy that designed the sc10 4x4 got fired, it's a piece of shit and can't compete with the losi and tekno trucks on ANY surface.

2genewb 09-28-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem (Post 341642)
^^^^^^^ agreed !

yep... it's a job... one very few people like once they're awarded it... and rarely does anybody get paid for it. there's certainly not going to be pay involved on this site. the pre-requisites just aren't there for it. there's no money involved except what the owner is putting out to keep this place here.

with critics like this, it's a miracle the mods even log in at all.

and unless they're given the rights to make such changes, they're not in a position to... and it's easier to deny a mod the ability to perform any particular action than it is for them to perform it once they have the ability.

we don't know what they've been allowed to do... just that once they have free reign (usually comes with admin privileges, but even then can be denied abilities by category)... then it's easy.

RichMTB01 09-28-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric0424 (Post 341634)

Eric, (here we go again...) what I said was that it is sad that I get ad after ad thrown at me on this forum, so while it may appear "free", someone is profiting from the lack of MOD/Admin support. The biggest crime is the money they (the owners of this forum) take from advertisers. I think plenty of people have stated how easy it is to add a category for Tekno or any new vehicle/class/etc. As for "snide" remarks directed toward the Admin/MODs.......It's just the truth, sorry. I moderate a site and I'm on there at least 4 times a day

Maybe some of us should start contacting these companies like Pro-Line, Axial, MIP, Max Amps, JConcepts, etc and let them know what's going on?

BTW, why are you in the General Shortcourse "Tekno category" thread. Did you buy one? SC10 on the blink? or just starting crap like usual? Yep, that was a personal attack, but I'm sure you will reply stating how mean I was with my words.

M-spec 09-28-2013 03:31 PM

Sorry guys, not trying to be hater, just pointing out the facts. Its too bad the Mods cant keep the site up to date, its a great site that's dedicated to short course, if the site was kept current it would be the best SC site on the web for sure. We have a great group of people here ... yes even Eric :mrgreen: so we need to keep the site moving forward and we need it to stay current. The Mods need to do a good clean up and axe the old sections or make a "vintage section" for all the old oddballs, that would make room for the next generation of SC trucks

Come on Mods we have asked nicely for months now... please hook us up with a few more sections.

For what its worth I would volunteer as a mod, I hit up the site once or twice a day and have some time to help out or answer questions. I'm sure others would volunteer as well.

tosouthern66 09-28-2013 08:02 PM

To tell the truth I like this site better than the others because it caters to SC. I use rcfiles alot due to our club posts there, so I keep up to date with it. Just an FYI: We raced today and I qualified 4th and finished 2nd. Last sunday I finished 2nd also. I am more consistant with the Tekno than the SC10 4x4 I had. This thing rocks and cant wait till our next race I can race in. We race next weekend but I have to work so I cant race in it. That makes me feel down because I am better with this thing than I ever was. Hopefully the MODS will get to us but I am not holding my breath. I feel this site could grow more with some attention to the sites needs. This is not an attack on them ERIC, just an observation. But we all know how you are and will jump all over me for my comment!

Eric0424 09-28-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2genewb (Post 341649)
with critics like this, it's a miracle the mods even log in at all.

Some people are never happy with what they have. It's free to use and they can discuss damn near anything related to RC Short Course, but that's just not quite good enough for some. Bare in mind I don't have a problem with anyone asking for, or suggesting anything they think might be beneficial to the forum, but to keep complaining every two to three months about the same thing just looks like a shameless bid for attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMTB01
Yep, that was a personal attack,...

I'm used to it, all it takes is an opinion that isn't inline with the Elitist around here. It was pretty weak as far as personal attacks go, but at least you're trying.

This forum costs you nothing, it's a free service that someone else has to pay for and you should learn to appreciate it even if it isn't perfect in your eyes. It wouldn't matter if the admin and mods were profiting from the site's sponsors, and I highly doubt they are, they're still providing you with a service without asking for membership dues. They're not obligated to spend "X" number of hours a day, every day on this forum.

....and to answer your question, a free country and a public forum. Those are reason enough.

mvrk 09-28-2013 10:54 PM

Fix