Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse General Tech > General ShortCourse

Notices

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jt409

Thread: axial exo terra or losi ten scte

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #1

Default axial exo terra or losi ten scte

I keep going back in fourth on which car to get. They both look like really good cars. The losi has built a strong reputation, and the axial is new to the racing industry. I really like the looks of the exo terra, and also probably favoring it because I own a wraith. Im mainly going to be racing on my buddies track, and he owns a losi ten, so I was hoping to go maybe with something else to give him a run for his money. Can you guys give me some input?
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Addict

Default Re: axial exo terra or losi ten scte

I would personally go for the EXO. The thing is beautiful in my opinion. I love the Losi 4WD and everything, I own 2 Losi's myself, but that EXO Terra is something else man. The scale is great. I wish it were a tiny bit bigger for stability, but Im sure it's just me, Im sure it's fine as it is.
nitrokiller123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
Addict

That is a tough one. I really like the looks of the EXO but at the same time I'm always leary of new platforms until they are proven. If they prove to be durable and capable track performers, then that is direction I would go for sure.
JKRacing37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRacing37 View Post
That is a tough one. I really like the looks of the EXO but at the same time I'm always leary of new platforms until they are proven. If they prove to be durable and capable track performers, then that is direction I would go for sure.
There has been many cases of broken parts and also recalls on the kit already IMO I would wait a while an get the exo buggy later on when they have fixed all the issues
Crispykreme99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
Addict

The exo is kind of hit and miss. My exo, and my buddies exo, both seem to be bulletproof (still some parts id like to replace) while others are having a hell of a time keeping theirs in one peice. The tolerances axial set are not very precise, so some kits are fitting together better than others, thus the durability issues. i love mine. It handles like its on rails, lighter than the sc10 4x4, and its been very durable for me. if i was racing, id go for the losi, but for anything else, exo all the way
LeMieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #6

Right on guys thanks for the input. I think I'm going to go with the Exo Terra and take my chances. I figure pretty soon vanquish will have some cool stuff out there anyways.
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
Addict

If you are going to race get the Losi
Play around get the EXO.

THere isn't a class for them here (yet) even if one builds. the SCB class never really took off either

I know some tracks may put the EXO in a 2wd buggy class or 4x4 truck class. which in turn, I will not race those class anymore,.

So racing-Losi
Bashing EXO
Or hell just buy both
Brent701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
Addict

They are 2 way different rigs. Its like comparing a euro sports car to a muscle car. They are both cars and good in their own ways but not in the same class. I don't think you can go wrong with either but the terra look amazing.
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
Addict

I'm with Brent. If your like me you will end up with both sooner or later anyway
Hang Man 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #10

I currently own 2 Losi's a SCTE and a 810E and love them both, I just built a Axial EXO and love it too and it handles awesome and will dominate against SC when setup

here is a quick vid of my first run without any setup yet

Ron

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...t=IMG_0431.mp4

Last edited by rpm121370; 03-07-2012 at 04:15 PM.
rpm121370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Be 1 with the SPOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm121370 View Post
I currently own 2 Losi's a SCTE and a 810E and love them both, I just built a Axial EXO and love it too and it handles awesome and will dominate against SC when setup

here is a quick vid of my first run without any setup yet

Ron

Axial EXO video by badbird347 - Photobucket
Nice vid! Post up some pics in the EXO forum. The colors on the body look great in the video
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
Addict

We have a guy at our track with one. He gets thrown into Pro4. I was talking to him about it last night before we raced. He said the shocks are hardly worth putting together. He put Proline Powerstrokes on it instead. He is gonna order the hardened diff gears asap and said something about the cvd's needing to be upgraded because they popped out. In the Pro4 main we had 3 SCTE's, 2 SC10 4x4's, and the Exo. 1st and 2nd (me) were SCTE's, and the Exo finished 3rd, Scte 4'th, SC10 5th, and the other sc10 dnf. I made a couple of mistakes midway and ended up behind the Exo, both times I just had to ride him and push the pace and bam, he traction rolled. He finished a lap off the lead but I can see him doing better with time and setup. Hethcox is gonna help him dial it in. I am really thinking about getting one also, but not till I see it vetted first and the option parts are available. Diff issues sorted and upgraded drive shafts included. The stock shocks could be a little better. I hope Axial knows that guys wanna race the Exo. Give us a racer!
Nismomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
Addict

Also the EXO will need its own class for ROAR, it is just off on 2 measurements according to ROAR specs for SC 4x4 which is the closest comparison.

Roar: Wheelbase required 12.59" - 13.19" , EX0 wheelbase "13.5" little too long, would need a modified chassis and drivelines to reach this spec.
Roar: Length 21.25" - 22.36", EXO length 19" too short but maybe you could put a really long bumper on it or mount an SC body to it.
Roar: Overall Width 11.42"-11.65", EXO 11.6" which is in spec.

Basically it has all four tires close to the outside corners, a recipe for stability.

I practiced against 2 of them and they were super stable compared to my SC4x4. They jumped beautifully. I was a tad quicker but they were a little under-geared and were still breaking them in. They did have one problem with a shock that came apart and dumped all of the shock oil.
Gigasipke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Be 1 with the SPOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigasipke View Post

Roar: Wheelbase required 12.59" - 13.19" , EX0 wheelbase "13.5" little too long, would need a modified chassis and drivelines to reach this spec.
The rear hubs have spacers in the arms. Mine are in the furthest forward position. Wheelbase measures 13" exactly. Right within the ROAR wheelbase specs with no modifications required outside of whats included in the kit
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
The rear hubs have spacers in the arms. Mine are in the furthest forward position. Wheelbase measures 13" exactly. Right within the ROAR wheelbase specs with no modifications required outside of whats included in the kit
That is good to know. I was only going by the AXIAL website which doesn't mention the 1/2" spacers.
Gigasipke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
Be 1 with the SPOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigasipke View Post
That is good to know. I was only going by the AXIAL website which doesn't mention the 1/2" spacers.
Website was incorrect, looks like its been updated to the correct specs. The Box lists the wheelbase at 13.15", the spacers in the rear arms are 2mm each (.0785") for a total of 4mm (0.157") of adjustment with the two spacers.

Wheelbase can be adjusted from 13" to 13.15".

Last edited by Brandon; 03-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #17
Addict

If your going to race for sure the Losi 4x4, out of the box Losi is hands down stronger than the rest. I have raced it since it came out and can count on both hands how many times it has broke on hard hits, not very often compared to the other 4x4s. I really like the exo and it does handle better than the Losi in some areas but in my pinion its not nearly as strong as the losi. I also have to say I have more fun driving the exo than all my other race trucks and my beaters. I think that after all the up grades are made for it it will give the losi a run for the money....The exo will be my all around fun vehicle, I dont use my race trucks for beating
THE DOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
Addict

Scte with the Exo cage!!!! I would be willing to bet someone will do it soon the scte is a beast!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
mrkdubaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #19

I own both the cars and love both cars. They both handle more like a 1/8th scale car and are very durable. I drive my exo buggy more offten its differant amazing looking and handles like its on rails. i upgraded the supension to the pro line shocks and replaced the motor mount and its bullet proof. however it is allot more work to change gearing or to just work on in general. the scte is also amazing but if i could only get one car again i would go with the exo. its looks are amazing and handles amazing. i run faster lap times with my buggy. it does have a little more weight up heigh but i hardly ever have any body roll. you cant go wrong eather way.
Brandon likes this.
Jt409 is offline   Reply With Quote

axial exo terra or losi ten scte - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial EXO Terra Buggy Picture Archive Brandon Axial EXO Terra Buggy 385 04-17-2018 04:39 PM
Badger's Axial EXO Terra Buggy badger Axial EXO Terra Buggy 175 03-11-2014 05:59 AM
Axial EXO Terra Buggy BOX Photos! Brandon Axial EXO Terra Buggy 15 03-23-2013 05:29 PM
Chicklet's*Axial EXO TERRA*Build***PICS*** chicklet Axial EXO Terra Buggy 63 04-13-2012 09:15 PM
Axial EXO Terra Buggy! AX90015 badger Axial EXO Terra Buggy 134 01-23-2012 05:38 PM