Go Back   RCShortCourse.com Bulletin Board > ShortCourse General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tekin Pro 4 HD and RX8..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
MGT
Basher

Default Tekin Pro 4 HD and RX8..

Ok it is now feb. Any news on this? I've been waiting forever for an update and I can't find anything. Not even some 'coming soon' specs. What the heck. I even went as far as contacting Tekin on FB with no reply.. That makes me question the customer relations they have.. I was very nice and profesional with my question, even said I was excited to be a customer. I'm waiting to upgrade, and only waiting because it seems to be the top choice..

I have a Viper ESC and motor combo that I got from amain for $150 shipped.. It works great and I don't have any issues with it. I'm quickly getting better and more constant with driving...soon I'll be hungry for more power and tune-ability. I also was wondering if we can tune these things via iPad. I dont have a laptop.
MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Vestitor de Deces....

Default Re: Tekin Pro 4 HD and RX8..

facebook?? Contact them through their web site and see if they get back to you before deciding on the quality their customer service.
Eric0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
MGT
Basher

Yeah fb.. The largest social media platform in the world. I use it regularly to contact companies. Do you find this odd? I will gladly contact them though directly. :)

Looking at the new Viper VTX8 has me wondering though, I really like my current Viper ESC. Even though its more a an economy or budget set-up. It seems to be holding up well and is silky smooth for a sensor-less setup Tough decisions.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
MGT
Basher

Email sent to Tekin Support. :)
Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGT View Post
Yeah fb.. The largest social media platform in the world. I use it regularly to contact companies. Do you find this odd? I will gladly contact them though directly. :)
Well I don't know about him but I find it odd that if you want to contact a company you try their media outlet instead of their normal communications channels.

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone can think that when contacting a company the best option would be their facebook page instead of uhm, oh, let's say, e-mail, or old-fashioned telephone even.
Pygmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Vestitor de Deces....

Give them a couple of days to respond, probably Monday or Tuesday. Every respectable company I've contacted in recent years has replied, some quicker than others but they all got back to me. (watch Tekin make liar out of me)

Was Tekin supposed to be releasing an RX8/Pro-4 HD system or are you just waiting on the HD motor. I'm wondering if ROAR outlawing the 4-pole 550 motors is slowing the R&D. The Pro-4 540 is a 4-pole. Don't know much about the new motor, I'll look into the Pro-4 HD.

Quote:
Yeah fb.. The largest social media platform in the world. I use it regularly to contact companies. Do you find this odd?
I have my own opinions regarding Facebook, some of their policies and the majority of Facebook members. Bare in mind I have good friends and family members on Facebook, doesn't mean I have to be a fan or a member. We'll leave my concerns with Facebook for another forum.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
MGT
Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
Give them a couple of days to respond, probably Monday or Tuesday. Every respectable company I've contacted in recent years has replied, some quicker than others but they all got back to me. (watch Tekin make liar out of me)

Was Tekin supposed to be releasing an RX8/Pro-4 HD system or are you just waiting on the HD motor. I'm wondering if ROAR outlawing the 4-pole 550 motors is slowing the R&D. The Pro-4 540 is a 4-pole. Don't know much about the new motor, I'll look into the Pro-4 HD.

I have my own opinions regarding Facebook, some of their policies and the majority of Facebook members. Bare in mind I have good friends and family members on Facebook, doesn't mean I have to be a fan or a member. We'll leave my concerns with Facebook for another forum.
I'm just waiting on the 'HD' motor. It's supposed to be a 550 sized motor, more TQ, less heat, ect. That is what I've heard. I saw spy shots of it in testing in a team drivers RC. The reason I contacted on FB is because thats the only place I've seen or heard information directly from them. If you look at their facebook page, on the wall..someone asked about it late last year. I think the post was late November. They said "expect it January 2013 because the team drivers were currently testing the production prototypes". The only thing I can think of is they ran into a big issue maybe? Its been quiet since then.

I'm very happy with my current system..especially for $150 for the combo. It's only about a month old now. I'm just looking into possible upgrades. The RX8 is a for sure, the Pro 4 I'm iffy on. One of the guys at my track has a fan on his and I'm just as fast with my set-up. You can tell he has more power on tap but at the expense of having to keep a fan on the indoor clay track. If I'm going the RX8/Pro 4 rout, I want the 550 sized 4-pole.

Here is the spy shot.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Addict

OK who didn't have there coffee before soldering that wire. Lol.Click the image to open in full size.
Cherry2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
Vestitor de Deces....

Quote:

Here is the spy shot.Click the image to open in full size.

Why didn't you just take the motor when you snapped the spy pic?? It was there, you were there. <<<(sorry, cheap joke)

Sometimes R&D can get slow, something wrong with the motor, parts supplies, all kinds of things can slow the release of a product. But it would be nice for them to say something to the people waiting.

I've got the X12L in my SC10 4x4 right now. It's a 550, but a 2-pole. Puts out a lot more torque than the Reedy 550-SL (3500kV & 4000kV). The 550-SL is a 4-pole, but the stator-stack and rotor are shorter than the X12L and the Pro-4 HD. If Tekin is releasing 4-pole 550 Pro-4 is should be a hell of a power plant.

I believe the SC4X from Tekin is a 2-pole as well, but it's 550 for short course trucks. These are the result of ROAR banning the 4-pole 550 in 1/10 4x4 short course.

Last edited by Eric0424; 02-01-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
Addict

You guys are funny. R&D is done on the motor, and it's in production. This motor isn't focused towards ROAR racing. There are some truck out there and likely more on the way that are simply geared towards durability rather than racing pedigree. For this reason most are on the heavy side and we feel a larger motor will be a better solution, so we made one.

It's fast as all get out, has silly bottom end(think wheelies) and just runs cool all day long...

We're not giving any official ETA's but expect an early spring release.
Eric0424 and MGT like this.
TekinTeamMgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
Addict

Thanks for the update TTM. I think there are some people that were hoping for it to come out the first of this year since its been several months now since the first "spy" shot.

Most club racing do not adhere to ROAR rules. So I agree that with the (still) growing 4x4 class, 550 4-pole motors are going to be in high demand. I mean, who doesnt like gobbs of torque, high speeds, and low temps???
tdford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #12
MGT
Basher

Very cool. I was hoping sooner but that will give me plenty of time to use my current system and practice. I could use the bottom end on my indoor clay track but my current set-up gets the job done. This summer I'll be running on 2 much larger tracks so the extra power would be great.

Not one of my local clubs goes by roar rules. It's run what you brung.. More or less. Thanks again :)
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekinTeamMgr View Post
You guys are funny. R&D is done on the motor, and it's in production. This motor isn't focused towards ROAR racing. There are some truck out there and likely more on the way that are simply geared towards durability rather than racing pedigree. For this reason most are on the heavy side and we feel a larger motor will be a better solution, so we made one.

It's fast as all get out, has silly bottom end(think wheelies) and just runs cool all day long...

We're not giving any official ETA's but expect an early spring release.

MORE TORQUE? Good gawd....
Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
Vestitor de Deces....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula View Post
MORE TORQUE? Good gawd....
Well of course, too much torque is never enough. That should have been your first lesson in Axle-Breaking & Driveshaft Twisting 101.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
Addict

I hear you guys, I do. The first motors that were tested were a little low on the KV side for where we wanted them to land. So a few changes and some more testing and we're there. Trust me it will be worth the wait and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
MGT likes this.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #16
Addict

DANG! And I just purchased a pro4 540 for my TeknoSCT!! I really think you guys over at tekin might be missing out on 550 sales, with the Tekno release. But please let us know dates so we can Pre-plan. What will the battery rating be on these HD's? Thanks.

Tekno SCT410 Pro4/RX8
Tekno V4 SC8.2e T8/VTX8 (RX8 the next go round)
Losi 1/10 Sc nitro 3.4l
Losi 5T Trevor Simpson reed+
TravisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #17

Tekin just released info on this motor, now to find one in stock somewhere.
Lucky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
Tekin just released info on this motor, now to find one in stock somewhere.
Tekin - Pro4 HD Sensored 4x4 Short Course Competition Sensored Brushless Motors
tdford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #19
Addict

When will the proHD be available to ship out ?

Tekno SCT410 Pro4/RX8
Tekno V4 SC8.2e T8/VTX8
1/10 Sc nitro 3.4L
Losi 5T Trevor Simpson reed+
TravisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #20
Addict

They're due to ship shortly.

Tekin Pro 4 HD and RX8.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tekin rx8/ pro 4 4600kv combo captain kirk For Sale 0 01-15-2013 05:52 PM
Tekin pro 4 and rx8 prerunner Electronics 7 09-02-2012 08:44 AM
Team Losi Ten SCTE w/Tekin RX8 & Tekin Pro 4 4000kv Motor LeftKoast For Sale 0 05-27-2012 07:47 AM
Castle Mamba Max Pro or Tekin Rx8 or Novak Havoc Pro SC ???? Rc Mania Electronics 25 04-06-2012 12:24 AM
Tekin RX8 and Pro 4 4000kv motor bigwavedave33 For Sale 0 03-10-2012 08:22 AM